Thursday, May 10, 2012

Corn and Green Chili Casserole

This is a super easy, family friendly casserole with every kid's favorite veggie - corn.  It's sweet and creamy... with just the slightest kick of pizazz with the mild green chilies. My cousin brings a version of this casserole to family functions... and I have coveted the recipe.  I finally got it, put my own little twist on it, and voila! - here it is! 
1 can whole kernel corn (14 1/2 oz)
1 can cream style corn (14 1/2 oz)
1 cup sour cream (I used the reduced fat version)
1/2 cup butter
1 box of Jiffy corn bread mix (Just the dry mix. No add-ins) 
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used Cheddar and Monterrey jack mix)
* 2 Tbsp chopped green chilies  (optional)

Method:
Okay.  Don't laugh.  Mix it all together and bake in a 350 degree oven until it is fluffy and light golden brown.  For a 9x13x2 casserole dish, this will probably take 45-50 minutes.
1 can whole kernel corn (14 1/2 oz)

1 can cream style corn (14 1/2 oz)

1 cup sour cream (I used the reduced fat version)

1/2 cup butter

1 box of Jiffy corn bread mix (Just the dry mix. No add-ins)

1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used Cheddar and Monterrey jack mix)

2 Tbsp chopped green chilies.  This is totally optional.  The original recipe does not contain the green chilies.  Feel free to add or not add them.  They are very mild (not hot at all), and tend to give the dish just a little more Mexican flavor.
Mix it all together
 Bake in a 350 degree oven until it is fluffy and light golden brown. For a 9x13x2 casserole dish, this will probably take 45-50 minutes.




Delegate a taste tester that likes corn.
 




Want more great recipes?
Please visit my Recipe Index for tons of ideas that you can cook with/for you family!  





Click here to Subscribe to MenuMusings so you won't miss a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest